Navigating your Hormones on your journey to Menopause.
When we talk about menopause, what we often mean is peri-menopause. This is a transitional stage which is most likely to start in your forties, or even thirties for some women. It can last anything from 2 years up to 12 years with a wide range of symptoms that are not always obvious. You may be noticing small changes to your regular cycle, night sweats, insomnia, headaches, or breast tenderness.
Or, you may have stopped having periods and are in full-blown menopause experiencing severe symptoms such as hot flushes, sleepless nights, fatigue and brain fog. The average age that a woman's periods stop is 51 years old. From this point on, you are at an increased risk of chronic diseases such as osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease, so it is important to get your hormonal balance right, both before and after menopause.
Signs and symptoms of menopause may include:
- hot flushes
- vaginal dryness
- night sweats
- low libido
- headaches and migraine
- thinning hair
- weight gain
- poor concentration
- heavy periods and 'flooding' (during perimenopause)
- poor memory
- bone loss
- joint pain
Whichever stage you are in, nutritional therapy can provide excellent support. The earlier you intervene with balancing your hormone, the better chance you have to avoid more debilitating symptoms, or chronic disease later in your life.
Whilst taking HRT can relieve symptoms for most women, some women prefer to follow a more natural approach to managing their symptoms.
At the clinic, we aim to:
- Support you in your decision, to make sure that you have the best outcome in the long-term
- Educate you on the benefits and risks of taking medication versus following a more natural approach
- Provide you with the nutritional and lifestyle tools for managing symptoms and to get you back your old self.
- Support you in preventing long-term health risks and diseases associated with ageing
Additionally, we can offer FUNCTIONAL HORMONE TESTING to help you get to the bottom of what is happening with your hormones.
Contact us if you would like support on your journey into menopause and beyond.
Book Your Free Discovery Call Here